We had the honor to host over 800 participants at the International Bat Night 2017 in Cluj-Napoca, and to tell them about the importance of bats.
The bats of the Făget forest enjoy this small protected area, that has also a remarkable biodiversity. Even the bat of the year is present.
During 2016-2017, with funding obtained from EUROBATS, and the in-kind contribution of the Romanian Bat Protection Association, we implemented the project “The Carol line: assessing the importance of 150+ deserted bunkers for the conservation of the Romanian-Hungarian cross-border bat fauna”.
You will probably wonder what could be the connection between bats, horses, theater, choreography and aerial acrobatics. The ERASMUS+ project from Piatra Neamț will answer your questions.
It is a great joy for a bat researcher to discover a new bat colony. To count it year after year and to establish that bats are OK. With these thoughts we have created this section of the portal.
Sponsors / Contributors
- Rhinolophus mehelyi – Bat of the year 2018 in Romania 10 February 2018
- Bat of the year in 2018 6 December 2017
- With short and tall, protecting the forest! 30 October 2017
- Over 800 participants at the International Bat Night 2017 in Cluj-Napoca 11 October 2017
- The bats of the Făget forest 25 August 2017