For decades, scientists have asked themselves: how do bats see in darkness?? Find out from our article, as well as other details about the hunters of the night.
We had the honor to host over 800 participants at the International Bat Night 2017 in Cluj-Napoca, and to tell them about the importance of bats.
The bats of the Făget forest enjoy this small protected area, that has also a remarkable biodiversity. Even the bat of the year is present.
During 2016-2017, with funding obtained from EUROBATS, and the in-kind contribution of the Romanian Bat Protection Association, we implemented the project “The Carol line: assessing the importance of 150+ deserted bunkers for the conservation of the Romanian-Hungarian cross-border bat fauna”.
You will probably wonder what could be the connection between bats, horses, theater, choreography and aerial acrobatics. The ERASMUS+ project from Piatra Neamț will answer your questions.
It is a great joy for a bat researcher to discover a new bat colony. To count it year after year and to establish that bats are OK. With these thoughts we have created this section of the portal.
Sponsors / Contributors
- How do bats see in darkness? 3 June 2018
- Rhinolophus mehelyi – Bat of the year 2018 in Romania 10 February 2018
- Bat of the year in 2018 6 December 2017
- With short and tall, protecting the forest! 30 October 2017
- Over 800 participants at the International Bat Night 2017 in Cluj-Napoca 11 October 2017