– We officially represent Romania at the annual meeting of the EUROBATS Advisory Committee, in Skopje, Macedonia.
– Presentation about cave-dwelling bats of Romanai, during the initiation course in speleology, organized by Speo Cristal Oradea.
– Scientific presentation of the results obtained with the Amateur Cavers Club and Speo Cristal Oradea, at the Cluj Biological Days, ed. XX.
– Completing the cleaning of the Orthodox Church in Zeicani.
– Completing the cleaning of the Reformed Church in Leghia, in partnership with the Romanian Permaculture Association.
– Visit to Poland at the invitation of polish bat researcher colleagues, in Szachownica and Nietoperek Chiropterological Reserves.
– Field trip in collaboration with the Amateur Cavers Club of Cluj.
– Presentations about bats at Ovidius University in Constanța.
– Field trip in collaboration with the Amateur Caver’s Club and Speo Cristal Oradea.
– Initiating the 2018-2019 winter monitoring of roosts with colonies of national and continental importance, in collaboration with several colleagues from Romania, Hungary and the United Kingdom.
– Cleaning the Orthodox Church in Zeicani.
– Celebrating the 2-year anniversary of launching the Lilieci.ro portal, and crating the first CBRC annual report for the 2017-2018 period.
– Presenting about bats at the Lucian Blaga High School in Cluj-Napoca, during the “The Other Kind of School” week.
– The Romanian Ministry of Environment nominates the president of the CBRC as the scientific focal point for Romania, within the implementation of the EUROBATS agreement.
– Organizing the 2018 edition of the International Bat Night in Lisa, Brasov County, with over 100 visitors, in partnership with the Radu Negru National College Făgăraș, Braşov County, and the Lisa Orthodox Parish.
– Organizing an ecological education called “Our Bats!” for the students from the Special School for the Visually Impaired, Cluj-Napoca, within the event “Protected Areas Week”.
– Organizing and participating at the 3rd Romanian Bat Research Conference, Cernatu de Sus, with the generous sponsorship of Pettersson Elektronik AB.
– Organizing, in collaboration with the Myotis Group for Bat Conservation, a training for cavers in Banat, within the frame of the project funded by the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium.
– Organizing the 2018 edition of the International Bat Night in Cluj-Napoca, with more than 800 visitors, in partnership with several organizations and institutions from Cluj-Napoca.
– Participating at the National Bat Conference in Nottingham, United Kingdom, with a presentation on the cave-dwelling bat colonies of Romania.
– Experience exchange in the United Kingdom, with bat researchers from different parts of the country.
– Partnering with the Matei and Friends Association, to organize of the International Bat Nights in Petrila, Hunedoara County.
– Initiating a collaboration with colleagues from Hungary to study the spread of Lloviu virus.
– Presenting about bats for children at Damiş, in partnership with ECOTOP Oradea.
– Initiating the detailed bat study of the East Park from Cluj-Napoca.
– Participating in the SpeoArta photo contest, at Balcan Camp, Baru Mare.
– Running at the “Run for Wildlife” competition, organized by Matei and Friends Association.
– Initiating the 2018 Summer monitoring of roosts with colonies of national and continental importance, in collaboration with several colleagues from Romania, Hungary and the United Kingdom.
– Presenting about bats at the Betfia Pothole, in partnership with ECOTOP Oradea.
– Starting to implement the project “Enhancing conservation efforts in the bat diversity hotspot of South-Western Romania”, funded by Columbus Zoo & Aquarium.
– Initiating a collaboration with bat researchers from Luxembourg on the study of Myotis emarginatus.
– Presenting about bats in two high schools from Oradea, in partnership with ECOTOP Oradea.
– Participating in the 2018 EUROBATS Advisory Council meeting in Tallinn, Estonia.
– Participating in the Tech4Stories training organized by TechSoup Europe in Bucharest.
– Educational activities for children from Făgăraş area, Braşov county, in collaboration with the Foundation Conservation Carpathia.
– Participating in the XIXth edition of the Cluj Biological Days, with a presentation about Bat of the year 2018, Rhinolophus mehelyi.
– Initiating the study of White Nose Syndrome (WNS) in collaboration with several foreign institutions.
– Presenting about bats at Ovidius University in Constanța, Constanța County.
– Presenting about bat evolution at Darwin Day, Cluj-Napoca, Faculty of Biology.
– Designating the Méhely’s horseshoe bat as Bat of the year 2018 (second edition) in Romania.
– Initiating the 2017-2018 winter monitoring of Romanian bat roost with national and continental importance, in collaboration with several colleagues from Romania, Hungary and the United Kingdom.
– Presenting about bats at the Györkös Mányi Albert Memorial House (EMKE), Cluj-Napoca.
– Cleaning the Fortified Church in Moşna, in partnership with the Romanian Permaculture Association.
– Initiating a partnership with the Romanian Permaculture Association, in order to clean the guano from several anthropic sites, that are important roosts for bat colonies, and cleaning the Unitarian Churches of Moldovenești and Vălenii de Arieş, as well as the Orthodox Church of Someșul Rece.
– Official establishment of the Center for Bat Research and Conservation.
– Participating at the XIth Hungarian Bat Research Conference, at Vámoselőd.
– Finalizing the collaboration with the ABUN – Artists & Biologists Unite for Nature Group, to popularize bat species through artwork.
– Participating at the European Bat Research Symposium in San Sebastian, the Basque Country.
– Initiating the 2017 Summer monitoring of Romanian bat roosts of national and continental importance, in collaboration with several colleagues from Romania, Hungary and the United Kingdom.
– Launching the Lilieci.ro portal in three languages (romanian, hungarian and english).
– Participating in the 25th edition of the Polish National Bat Research Conference, in Morsko.
– Organizing and participating in the 2nd edition of the Romanian Bat Research Conference, Plaiul Foii, Braşov County.
– Initiating the bat research of Făgetul Clujului Forest.
– Launching the Lilieci.ro Facebook page.